Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I really enjoy getting stuff almost every day!

From: Christopher Russell
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 11:30 AM

Hey Everyone!

So I want to make sure that mom knows that I got my gloves(they fit snugly), her box, and the wises box on Thursday. It was very exciting and I'm very grateful for everything that I received. I fixed my watch and got all of the pictures that were sent to me.

Not much happened this week, other than getting 3 pckages on the same day. Our progressive investigator was out of town so we couldn't teach him. Our Wed TRC task we taught one of our teachers the plan of salvation (it was our first time) and he said that we did great (apparently better than the teachers quorum) and that we really worked well together and properly addressed his concerns. Then yesterday we were teaching the three sisters in our district ( I hope that I've mentioned them before) and they told us that we'll be awesome missionaries, we have great unity, and we know what we're talking about and have testimonies of it. That was pretty cool to hear, but I'm just glad that I can get along and study together well enough with my companion to be able to bring the spirit as we teach the lessons.

I guess that I should mention that there is a lot of construction going on here, kind of annoying considering that this is the MTC and sounds of construction equip/smells of welding aren't condusive to a spiritual environment.

Thank you for all of the letters and Packages! I really enjoy getting stuff almost every day!

Elder Paccel

No comments:

Post a Comment