Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/27/2010 Christmas Eve and Translating The Russian is getting better!

Merry Christmas!
This week I had a split with the person who trained my MTC compantion; that was interesting, but I got my first contact, in that he actually talked with me.

I saw someone flying a kite the other day and they had it so high up that you could see the curve in the string.

On Christmas Eve we went caroling which was interesting. It was the grand opening of their equivalent to Christmas in the Park in San Jose only l0 times better. So there were thousands of people there and after the amazing fireworks show everyone came down the street passing by us as we caroled. We had a member talk to those that stopped. We had many people take a picture of us and leave, one man put money in our flyer box, and one may was a recent convert from San Diego and we told him where the church is and he came on Sunday.

yesterday we had one of our investigators and one of the other elders' show up and to the Christmas celebration that night. She saw me talking with our senior missionaries, the Reeds , and she said to them how grateful she is for us and our visits and how we keep coming and teaching her.

Then I translated for the Reeds because no one wanted to and I thought it would be fun. I thought I did terrible but they told me I did an amazing job and "if i can do this now, I'll get better really quickly." Then later, a returned missionary in the ward asked me how I learned Russian so quickly, I replied that I don't know Russian and she said, "Whatever?, You translated today, really good job." So my Russian is coming along.

You asked for this word to practice so here it is in print: ycoBepweHcTBOBaT6C(backwards R).

I almost found down this week in a metro station and these two girls laughed at me from behind but that was taken care of by my companion who happened to be angry at the time and made them a look that made them stop.

Dexter is going to back to America soon; so he's been busy trying to finish some work.

And while on the split, Elder Beck got some new contacts so we should have some new investigators.

Love you all,
Have a fun Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment