Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Monday, March 14, 2011

3/7/2011 International Pancake and "Wide Butter" Day

Hello Friends and Family!

This week started with me still being sick, but towards Thursday I was all better.

I had two splits this week one with Elder Brady, who is just like Elder Beck, and one with Elder Rader, my wonderful trainer. Those were great!!

Borris, the one who had the stroke, has a new roommate which makes it hard for lessons to be taught to him.

I haven't seen pickled bats here, but I think a member tried to feed us pickled tomatoes once.

My little primary friend was sick last week so she wasn't at church or FHE but I think she's better now.

As far as the cold weather goes, I'd like to remind everyone that I began wearing my heavy coat in October and have STILL needed to wear it.

The branch had several parties. one was for International pancake day, when they made a ton of Ukrainian pancakes and had a large feast. Then they had a game night thing on Saturday in celebration of March 8th which is women's day.
I also went to a talent show with Elder Rader on Friday celebrating the same thing. Two teenagers sang "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice in English...SKETCHY!!

They also have this holiday where they make scarecrows and light them on fire. This is symbolic of them "burning" Winter away. And there is a day called "wide butter day" or something, I don't think it translates well.

Then on Sunday there were 6 investigators at church! 4 of them were the other Elders and two had to leave after the first hour but still! Then the 2 we had left went to priesthood...where the guy talked the entire time about family history...again.

I'm hoping Krista is okay by now, I know that these letters have some delay getting to me so it's been a week or two.

Thank you for all of the love and support that you give me and all of the letters!

I'm very grateful!!
Elder Russell

A note from Elder Russell's mom:

Thanks to all who fasted for the Donetsk Ukrainian missionaries last Sunday. I will keep you posted with the blessings of the fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment