Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Chris' head collides with someone's chin :(

Tue, 9/21/10, Christopher Russell
From: Christopher Russell
Subject: Hey Everyone

Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 11:35 AM

Hey!

So This week was pretty exciting, I saw and talked with Ryan Grow a little in the TRC and then I saw another elder Russell who is going Spanish speaking. That was pretty cool. Everyone seems to be jealous of the fact that my hair doesn't appear to be getting significantly longer at all and I haven't needed a haircut since I got here (which has been really nice since the lines are generally really, really long). We went through another endownment session with the Russian missionaries, I'll try to get a pic with them before I send pictures to you all.

Brother Wilson told me (we have almost weekly interviews with our teachers) that my comprehension on the russian language is really good and that I understand the structure really well. And I told him I just need to work on vocab, which is true.

I appreciate Shelly saying that if I don't get mail everyday it's the post-office's fault.....I'm sure that all those letters will be snatched up and I'll never see them again.

This past sunday they finally played the Testaments in the big gym so we could all see it (after the fireside of course) and it was amazing! I had something interesting happen to me this week, I was telling a story to my companion (about Skip the horse) and I mentioned that he was "ornery" and I said it or-ner-ee and he had no clue what I was saying and he said "you mean 'on-ree'" and I said no. Anyway we thought it was interesting the way that I say certain words from the rest of the people here.

Oh, When I was playing soccer I wass running after the ball and someone in my district ran into me and their chin ran into my head. It hurt. He was fine and I'm fine now.

Thank you for all of the letters that I got over the weekend! I had 8 dear elders a letter and a box, which was nice since my head hurt.

Not a lot happens here but I'm going to try to send pictures in a pouch thing so hopefully they'll get to everyone somehow.

I love you all!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment