Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Scattered Tidbits - Getting Ready to Leave

Tue, 10/5/10, Christopher Russell

Subject: Hey Everyone!

Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 11:44 AM

HI! So I'm ridiculously stressed today since I can't seem to find time to do all of the things that need to get done. But For my parents I met someone who knew the May family after they moved from hollister and we talked for a while. Sis Nordstrom's sister sent me bread and it was really really good. I got another package too and the simpsons sent me one. My companion had to get an MRI this week which was exciting, and then we had to spend 2:30 going to a doctor and waiting for him to tell us what to do. He said after a year it'll be fine.

While doing service we were told that two elders had taken trays (like ones from burger king) from the cafeteria and had put them in their room. the supervisor saw this, wrote the reference to the ten commandments on a post-it and stuck it to the trays. They were then returned. My mail has apparently been going to a chandler russell because they sort by first two letters of first name and the last name. so from now on my name is c-hristopher. :) Just write it like that and I think that the issue will go away. When I'm in ukraine I don't think it'll be a problem though....but just in case.

I can't believe that the only hearing of papa having an Ipad is from Ilana. This is big news! Someone will have to tell me the whole story on this. I thought it was really interesting that there was a family choir in General conference. I can't imagine a family being that big!

One of our firesides someone mentioned that the church is like a stone consuming the whole earth. (like it says in the scriptures) And they showed a very dated seminary video which reminded me of katamari damacy.....consuming the world one thing at a time.

Talk with you all later!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment