Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Smelly Poop = Courageous Navel & Das Vidaniya

--- On Tue, 9/28/10, Christopher Russell
From: Christopher Russell
Subject: Hey Everyone!

Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 11:28 AM

Hey Everyone!

So I want to thank everyone for the packages that I got. I was thankful to get them after finding out I couldn't do gym. There was a lot of smoke in the air last week and I didn't know why (I assumed that everyone was burning wood in fireplaces because it's cold) so that's cool information to find out. My only news that I get is from you and what I might here in the temple, but that's about it.

Um, I'm told that if I receive dear elders after I'm gone then they just throw them away and they don't forward them, I don't know what happens to actual mail but the same thing might occur. So when it gets closer to my departure time make sure to send me stuff that will arrive before I leave.

We're hosting on wednesday which sounds like a ton of fun and I'm really excited to teach some new elders about the MTC (I am fairly knowledgeable about these things) and say hello to them. We also have an SYL meeting since we are doing SYL until the end of our stay at the MTC. Then Friday we are teaching a native Russian and the next day is conference! YAY! I never thought I would be in the MTC for conference.

One funny thing: smelly poop in russian means courageous naval.

So we now have two progressing investigators: the native russian and a teacher that used to be the progressing investigator. Unfortunately we can meet with them about twice before we leave.

We taught the lesson in Sunday school (district meeting) this week as a companionship. It was an experiment in and of itself to see how it would work out, but afterwards the branch president (who was there for the whole lesson) said,"I have to apologize to these elders" and proceeded to tell us that he wasn't clear on his instructions and it wasn't our fault but he was expecting something different. He said we did a great job though considering the task that we thought we had.I was just laughing.

Shorthill is my companion and I tried to label the pictures but I didn't have a lot of time. sorry. The russians are going to either russia or ukraine or somewhere russian speaking, I don't know where. My whole district except for seitz is going to the Ukraine and most are going to donetsk.

Das vidaniya

Elder Russell
FYI, 1.The smoke Chris is referring to is the smoke that drifted down from the fires that were burning outside of Salt Lake City.

FYI, 2. Dear Elders letters CAN BE SENT TO A NEW ADDRESS WHICH WE WILL GIVE YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. WHEN HE IS IN THE UKRAINE, the letters will NOT get to him the Same day, but he will get them about the same time as regular Ukrainian mail or faster the closer he lives to the mission home. Please don't waste your money on stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment