Elder Christopher Russell, Donetsk Ukraine Mission July 2010 - July 2012

Christopher Russell was found worthy to serve a proselyting mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and received his mission call from President Thomas S. Monson to serve in the Ukraine, Donetsk Mission.

Chris will spend the first twelve weeks of his mission at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah learning, Russian.

On October 13, 2010 he will start his journey to the Ukraine.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Naps on P Day - Who Knew?

Tue, 9/14/10, Christopher Russell
From: Christopher Russell
Subject: Hey Everyone

Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010, 11:21 AM

HI!

So we got our new district this week which is pretty exciting, of course 1/2 of them pretty much know about as much as we do with russian so it should be interesting. Last week the email thing was terrible and I had a hard time doing anything.....I'll be much happier when this timer is gone and I can fix problems. Last wednesday we taught as a 3some in the TRC which went better than I thought it would've. I apparently have connections with others in the district that I didn't know about. I taught the lesson on Sunday which went really well and I think that I helped people so that's good. We found out that we can take naps on P-day....not that we have much time to do that, but it's good to know. Someone in my district said that if you put pictures of christ on packages that you send to Ukraine that they will arrive fine because people think they'll be cursed for tampering with them. My companion was sick this week which inevitably led to me being sick, which I still am, and it means I'm not thinking straight, I'm irritable, and I'm tired. I slept for 4 extra hours this morning because I didn't feel up to the temple, which I hope doesn't enrage my companion...but he seems to be poking fun at me more lately since I'm overly irritable.......

Brian Leaves Wednesday so I got to talk to him on Sunday which was pretty cool, and he gave me his email address so we can talk when we're in the field. The GYM is under construction still, which means that I will be able to use it for about 3 weeks before I set out....ironic. And on saturday there were extra russians in the TRC so we were able to teach them the 2nd lesson before we actually needed to! It was great and I think that it really helped us and boosted confidence. My companion is now the senior companion as well as the district leader, he's been pretty careful to make sure the rules are kept since the new district doesn't know what the rules are and such. But our zone seems to be pretty immature lately.

Hopefully you will get pictures soon!

Love you all!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment